This week, I decided to follow the training program established by the 3Day. They have a pretty aggressive training schedule to get you in shape for the big event and I have been just trying to do a few walks each week, without rhyme or reason. Now we're only 6 weeks away from the event and it is time to get into high gear!
My schedule for this week:
Monday - rest
Tuesday - 5 miles (easy walk)
Wednesday - 45 min. cross-training
Thursday - 6 miles (moderate walk)
Friday - 45 min cross-training
Saturday - 10 miles (easy walk)
Sunday - 6 miles (easy walk)
Monday was easy!
Tuesday was eventful. I was not excited to walk after work, but immediately upon arrival switched into my gym clothes. Kodi took one look at my pants and was excited! He knew that he had a good chance at going for a w-a-l-k. His excitement made me head out for the walk, even though the days are so short now that it was starting to get dark out. I was only walking in my neighborhood and the traffic is minimal, it is safe, and there are plenty of streetlights on the main streets.
Five minutes into my walk, I realize my pedometer isn't working. I shook it around and tried everything to reset it, to no avail. I walked for over an hour and the stupid thing said that I took 5 steps! I feel like that was pretty close to the 5 miles that I needed to do yesterday. Kodi is more out of shape than me. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment