This weekend was the first time I did long, back-to-back walks. I'm surprisingly not as sore as one might think.
Saturday I joined a local organized training walk for a 10 mile walk. All those wearing pedometers noted that it ended up being over 10 miles, but after about 6 it all starts to get fuzzy. Plus, I met quite a few nice people so we walked and talked. We started in Old Town, walked up through Mission Hills (up a fairly steep hill, at which point we were informed that it was on the 3Day route so we better get used to it!), through Hillcrest, and almost to Balboa Park before looping back and returning to Old Town. I was tired for most of the rest of the day!!
I didn't want to walk on Sunday but Tom & I decided to go on a hike out by Julian. It was our first wedding anniversary on Sunday and we wanted to head out of town, even just for a little bit. We did a four mile hike and I was supposed to walk 6 miles, but I consider it a wash. It took about two hours for us to complete the hike and it had about 1,500 ft of elevation change (starting at 5,000 ft). It was no walk in the park.
Next weekend will make or break me. I'm scheduled for 18 miles on Saturday and 15 miles on Sunday! Eek!
I did find out some new stuff about the walk. We start in Del Mar at the fairgrounds on Friday morning. Day 1, we walk from there to Crown Point (which coincidentally is right near where Stacy & I lived together!). This includes walking up the monster hill at Torrey Pines. We camp both nights in Crown Point. Day 2, we make a big loop around OB and Mission Bay. Day 3, we walk from Crown Point to Petco Park (downtown), where the closing ceremony will be held.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is a different route. 2 nights in Crown point huh! That's weird. I've been thinking about that hill the first day...pretty much everytime we walk! Actually they should call it a very long incline :)
Post a Comment