Monday, October 27, 2008
18 miles done! (Karen)
Last Saturday morning, I completed my longest training walk yet. While looking for a training walk, I discovered www.mapmywalk.com. It is a website that allows you to click on points and it tells you how far it will be. I decided I would complete this walk on my own - walking around in beach areas and interesting spots where I would be distracted by the sights and sounds. I started at home, walked through PB to the beach, north to La Jolla, back south to the jetty, and then back to the PB pier! This was 18 miles and since it was a sunny beach day, I had interesting things to see the whole time. Tom joined me for the last little stretch and we went to lunch afterwards.
I definitely hurt after this walk. I thought I had strained a muscle in my leg but as it turns out I just overdid it a bit. I guess I'm not quite ready for the 60 yet. Good thing I still have a month to go! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment